Sausage, Peppers, And Onions Bake
If you’re tired of eating sausages with eggs and calling that breakfast, you can relax. This low carb recipe is perfectly healthy, amazingly delicious, and it’ll fill you up in the best possible way. It’s great for dinners, lunches, and breakfasts.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Sausage, Peppers, And Onions Bake
Total Carbs/Serving: 7.2g
Total Net Carbs/Serving: 5.8g
Nutrition: 613.8 Calories/22.5g Protein/54.7g Fat/7.2g Carbs/1.4g Fiber
1 tbsp. Coconut oil
2 lbs. Italian pork sausage links (or preferred sausage)
1 Onion, small, sliced and cut in half
1 Green pepper, small, cut into ½” strips
1 Red pepper, small, cut into ½” strips
1 Orange pepper, small, cut into ½” strips
1 Yellow pepper, small, cut into ½” strips
¾ tsp. Sea salt
½ tsp. Black pepper
½ tsp. Garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400; oil baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
2. Cut sausage in half and place in baking dish; sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Next place the peppers and onions on top of the sausage; sprinkle the vegetables with olive oil, mixing with hands if needed.
4. Season peppers and onions with black pepper and garlic powder.
5. Place in the oven and cook until internal temperature of sausage reaches 170 degrees, 50 minutes. About 20 minutes into cooking mix the ingredients, moving the sausage near to the top to brown. About 10 minutes before finished, turn sausages to brown evenly. Serve with eggs and/or mixed greens.
🔔Slow Cooker Version:
In this version, you’ll use a **14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet and brown the sausage links on all sides, making sure not to cook the sausage through. Add the tomatoes, sausage, onions, peppers to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. About 30 minutes before it’s done, mix in seasoning to taste. Nutrition: 603 Calories/23g Protein/52g Fat/10.1g Carbs/3.7g Fiber/6.4g Net Carbs.
🔔🔔If you prefer, use 14.5 ounces of a low carb marinara sauce, changing the total carbs and net carbs to 9.5g and 8.1g, respectively.