Low Carb Spice Series Part Three: Blackening Rub (Great On Pork)
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
Makes about 22+ servings; Serving Size: ½ tablespoon
Total Carbs Per Serving: 1.2g
Net Carbs Per Serving: 0.6g
➡Blackening Rub Ingredients:
2 ½ tbsp. sea salt
1/4 C + 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. ground white pepper
➡Blackened Pork Chops Ingredients:
3 bone in pork chops, ¾” – 1” thick
½ tbsp. of blackening rub mixture for each chop
3 tbsp Olive oil, divided
1 tbsp. healthy oil of choice for skillet
1. 1-8 hours before grilling, make the blackening rub by combining salt, paprika, thyme, black pepper, garlic and onion powders, cayenne and white pepper in a bowl and mix.
2. Using your hands, rub the blackening seasoning on the pork chops, covering all sides. You’ll use about ½ a tablespoon for each chop.
3. Wrap the chops in plastic and set in refrigerator until time to cook, 1-8 hours.
4. Make sure you turn on your exhaust fan! The seasoning causes lots of smoke.
5. Place the oil in a skillet over high heat; heat until oil is near the smoke point.
6. Cook the chops in the skillet 3-5 minutes on each side (about 3 minutes for thin chops; 5 minutes for thick chops), until well seared. Resist the urge move the chops before it is time to flip over.
7. The chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes before serving.