Low Carb Sausage And Egg Biscuit
My low carb sausage and egg biscuits are delicious and fun to eat, and so low carb they make eating keto seem easy.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Sausage And Egg Biscuit
Total Carbs: 3.8g
Net Carbs: 2.9g
2 large eggs
4 ounces sausage
¼ medium roasted green pepper
1 slice small onion, 1/8” thick
2 tbsp ghee, plus more for egg molds
sea salt and black pepper
¼ C water
1. Grease your egg molds if needed.
2. Using a 4” egg mold or biscuit cutter, shape your sausage patty.
3. Heat half the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Once the ghee is sizzling add the patty and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until fully cooked. Halfway through cooking the patty, add the onion.
4. Wash the egg mold and grease.
5. Using two small bowls, crack an egg into each; pierce the yolks with a fork (but don’t scramble the eggs).
6. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add your remaining tablespoon of ghee. As the ghee starts to sizzle, place your egg molds in the pan and pour an egg into each mold.
7. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
8. Add water to skillet, making sure not to get any in the mold.
9. Cover skillet and turn heat down to low.
10. Cook the eggs for about 3 minutes.
11. When eggs are done, move them to a double layer paper towel to remove excess liquid.
12. Assemble your Sausage Muffin by placing the sausage, pepper and onions between your two egg patties.
🍎Tools & Resources for this recipe
Egg Molds: http://amzn.to/2kIhggd
Roasted Peppers (starts at 2:37 mark): https://youtu.be/Wkspsk2ym6g
Nom Nom Paleo website: http://nomnompaleo.com
Cookbook – Nom Nom Paleo: Food For Humans: http://amzn.to/2jkiPk3