Low Carb Brussels Sprouts And Bacon
We all hated Brussels Sprouts as a kid, but that’s because we never paired it with bacon and crème fraiche. Low carb and healthy, with a few simple ingredients.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Brussels Sprouts And Bacon
Total carbs per serving: 12g
Net carbs per serving: 7.3g
1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
6-8 slices bacon
2 tbsp butter
*6 tbsp crème fraiche (see note below about substituting sour cream)
sea salt and black pepper to taste
🔔Note: Creme fraiche is French version of our sour cream. Where sour cream is tangy, crème fraiche has a more buttery, creamy taste thanks to it’s high fat content (30% fat compared to just 20% for sour cream). Unlike crème fraiche, sour cream contains additives to make it thicker. Because it has more fat than protein, crème fraiche works well in soups and sauces, plus it melts easier and doesn’t curdle.
🔔🔔SUBSTITUTION: You can substitute full fat sour cream for creme fraiche, however I suggest you only add 3 tablespoons to keep the carb count low.
1. In a large skillet, sauté the bacon in the butter until desired doneness. Set aside bacon on paper towels to drain excess grease. When cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces.
2. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and steam for 5 minutes.
3. Heat the rendered bacon fat in the skillet; add steamed Brussels sprouts and sauté for a few minutes. Toss the Brussels sprouts in the fat to give them a good coating.
4. Add the sprouts and bacon to a warm serving dish, mixing well; season with salt and black pepper if desired.
5. Top the sprouts with dollops of crème fraiche and serve immediately.
🍎The Real Meal Revolution cookbook: http://amzn.to/2naPUiI