Low Carb Bacon And Egg Muffins
This delicious egg and vegetable medley really surprised my husband. A generous portion size and packed with flavor, these bacon and egg muffins make it easy to keep you in ketosis.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Low Carb Bacon And Egg Muffins
Servings: 2 muffins per person
Total Carbs: 6.4g/serving
Net Carbs: 4.9g/serving
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (for muffin tins)
12 large eggs
12 slices thin bacon
24 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 C red bell pepper, diced
1/4 C green bell pepper, diced
1/4 C yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 C orange bell pepper, diced
2 tbsp red onion, diced
2 C spinach, coarsely chopped
4 Cremini mushrooms, diced (or mushroom of choice)
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese, reserving 2-3 tbsp for topping
1 tbsp sea salt
2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Oil muffin tin with coconut oil; set aside.
3. Working in batches, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it is still rubbery and flexible; Remove from heat and set aside on paper towel to drain excess grease.
3. When bacon is cool to touch, wrap the bacon around the sides of each muffin cup.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs to combine; add in spinach, mushrooms, peppers onion, cheese, salt and pepper and combine.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with egg mixture and top with remaining cheese.
6. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes (I said in my video cook for about 30 minutes – that’s because I’m getting use to my new stove).