Fried Green Tomatoes (Low Carb And Cheesy Good)
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Cheesy Fried Green Tomatoes
Total Carbs Per Serving: 2.8g
Total Net Carbs Per Serving: 1.8g
1 Large green tomato, cut into ½” thick slices
2 tbsp. Extra virgin coconut oil
½ C Grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. Flax seed meal
2 Large eggs, beaten and in a bowl
1. Heat coconut oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Mix the cheese and flax seed meal in a bowl; Pour mixture onto a flat plate and spread
3. Take a slice of the tomato and dip it into the beaten eggs, coating both sides; shake off any excess egg. Place the tomato in the cheese and coat both sides with the mixture. You may have to press firmly to make sure the parmesan/flax mixture sticks.
4. Repeat with other slices of tomato.
5. Place the tomato into the hot frying pan. You’ll want to work in batches, so do not over crowd the pan or the cheese coating may come off the tomato as you try to flip it. Fry the tomato for about 1 to 1 ½ minutes per side. When flipping use one continuous motion (don’t do several short scrapping moves or the cheese will come off). Add more coconut oil as needed for batches.