Delicious Low Carb Chili
You’d think chili would be naturally low carb, but it isn’t. Problem? The beans! Loaded with carbs. I make up for that in this keto chili recipe without sacrificing flavor. Enjoy!
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅Delicious Low Carb Chili
Servings: About 8
Total carbs per serving: 3.7g
Net carbs per serving: 2.5g
2.5 lbs ground beef (80/20)
1 Medium Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
4 plum tomatoes, quartered
1/2 medium white onion (2.5″ in diameter), diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 Jalapeno (optional)
1 cup cilantro, loosely packed
1-2 tbsp of duck fat, butter, lard or healthy fat of choice
4 tbsp chili
3 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp white ground pepper
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Melt duck fat in large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium high heat. When fat is hot enough, add in garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Mix in jalapeno, red and green bell peppers; cook for 3-5 additional minutes.
3. Next add ground beef, breaking the beef into pieces while mixing with the vegetables. Season with chili seasoning, being sure to coat the meat with the seasoning.
4. Turn head down to medium, cover and let simmer until meat is browned, about 20-30 minutes.
5. Once meat is browned, add in the tomatoes and cilantro and mix well. Let the flavors blend for 10-20 minutes.
Chili garnish ideas: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, black olives, cilantro, diced green onions. You’ll just need to account for the additional carbs.
You can also serve it on top of cilantro cauliflower rice or 1-2 cups of lettuce for a taco salad.