50/50 Mushroom Burger
This low carb mushroom burger is the natural pick for anyone on a ketogenic diet (lifestyle!). It’s simply packed with flavor, and you’ll feel just a tad guilty knowing there are folks out there eating the “normal” variety.
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
✅50/50 Mushroom Burger
Makes 4 burgers (~6 ounces each raw patty)
Total Carbs Per Burger: 2.9g
Total Net Carbs Per Burger: 2.3g
455 Calories/29.5g Protein/37g Fat//0.6g Fiber
2 Portabella mushroom caps, washed, stems and gills removed
*1 lbs. Lean ground beef, grass fed
2 Garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp. Fish sauce
Black Pepper, to taste
1-2 tbsp. Olive oil (for cooking)
3-4 tbsp. Butter, divided (optional)
1 tbsp. Ghee or butter
Swiss cheese, about 2 slices (1 ounce) per burger
🔔If using 80/20 ground beef, you won’t need olive oil for your pan as the burgers have more than enough fat. I’m adding extra fat because grass feed beef is leaner than regular beef.
1. Quarter mushrooms and pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Combine mushrooms, beef, garlic, fish sauce and black pepper in a bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
4. While oil is heating, divide mixture into 4 equal sized balls. Using your thumbs, create a well in each one and place 1 tbsp. of butter. Cover the butter and gently pat into a patty, but being careful to keep the butter covered. Repeat for 3 remaining balls. Add in the ghee when you flip the burgers. Place patties in skillet and cook to desired doneness.
5. (OPTIONAL) While cooking, slightly tip the pan and use a large spoon to baste the burgers with the pan juices.
6. A few minutes before burgers are done, add 2 slices of cheese to each burger. To speed up the melting process cover skillet with lid, if desired.