Weekly Weigh-In: Down 1.3 Lbs.
Well my march to the 170s continues. I’m down nearly 1.5 pounds this week and I’ve lost 7 lbs. since Thanksgiving. Woohoo!
I do have a holiday party later today. As I want to keep my momentum up, I came up with a pretty simple plan for tonight:
- Eating a late lunch. I’m currently on an 18-hour fast which ends at 2:00 pm. So I’m making myself a mushroom-onion omelette. That way I won’t be starving when I arrive at the party.
- Eat only when hungry. I’ll snack on the lowest carb food available. My goal is to eat only when hungry, keeping snacking to a minimum.
- Keeping alcohol to a minimum. I’m limiting myself to just a few glasses of wine.
- No desserts! When I eat sugary sweets now, I feel physically ill. I just need to remember that when I see anything yummy.
- Have fun!! Food and drink are not my focus tonight. Celebrating the holidays with old friends and making new ones is what’s special about tonight…not the food or booze!
The husband is doing the same so we can support each.
What’s your game plan for avoiding temptations during holiday parties?