Healthy Almond & Flaxseed Silver Dollar Pancakes: YUM!!
Yesterday morning I whipped up a batch of healthy silver dollar pancakes, a recipe I found in George Stella’s Complete Low Carb Cookbook. Not only are these tasty, but very easy to make.
The recipe calls for almond flour and milled flax seed. So your batter is brown in color, but thanks to the maple extract, you won’t need syrup.
Maple Silver Dollar Pancakes
Net Carbs: 2g
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 points
Serves: 4 (makes 16 pancakes)
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C water
- 1 tbsp maple extract
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/4 C milled flax seed (I use ground flax seed)
- 1/4 C sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Spray a griddle or large nonstick pan with nonstick spray, and heat over medium heat.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well blended
- Using a ladle, pour 16 silver-dollar-sized cakes onto the griddle or pan. If you are using a pan you’ll need to make the pancakes in batches.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Flip and cook for just 1 minute more. Serve immediately.
I planned to top the pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream instead of sugar-free maple syrup. Instead I just used a small pad of butter. That’s all I needed…along with a side of bacon. Yum yum!
These are very filling. I ended up skipping my morning snack and pushed lunch back an hour. Awesome!