Finadene! Amazing Sauce You Got To Try
Over the summer a friend introduced me to Finadene, a spicy soy sauce recipe from Guam. He made his own batch and I used it over pulled pork, rice, collard greens…anything I could get my hands on. It was incredible.
Finadene has a wonderful kick and makes a great marinade if you like your meats on the spicy side.
I’m making a batch for the holidays as a Christmas present. This is one joy that needs to be spread far and wide!
Be sure to use soy sauce without carbs. If you’re on Weight Watchers, 2 Tbsp is zero points. Awesome!
Net Carbs – 0
Weight Watchers PointsPlus – 0
Serving Size – 2 Tbsp
Makes about 4 cups
- 1-1/3 C Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2-2/3 C Soy sauce (no carbs)
- 10-11 green onions, thinly sliced or 5-1/3 small white onions, finely chopped
- 15-20 Thai chili peppers, sliced down the middle (don’t fear the heat, embrace it).
- Pour the vinegar or lemon juice into a bowl and slowly add in the soy sauce, stopping to mix as you go. Add enough soy sauce to your taste.
- Add in the onions and peppers.
- Chill until ready to serve