Why Do I Want To Lose Weight
Saturday, during my Weight Watchers class, I listed my reasons for losing weight. Today I found my original list of reasons – the one I created in February 2012. Boy, what a difference. It’s clear I’m now in a much different place mentally than I was then.
Two emotions started my latest weight loss journey – fear and anger. My doctor certainly put the fear in me about diabetes and heart disease. But when looking at that old list it’s clear I was really pissed with myself.
Angry Reasons For Losing Weight
- Can’t walk 20ft w/o back seizing up – what the hell was I thinking!
- Scared to death I’ll be diabetic
- Too damn lazy!!!
- I’m a heart attack waiting to happen
- I feel miserable
I think Master Yoda had it right. Fear and anger only lead to bad things. I channeled those negative emotions into something more positive – determination. I stopped caring about being thin. I wanted to be happy, healthy and confident. The attitude adjustment took a few months. When it happened I started losing the weight.
Nearly two years later and 85 pounds lighter, my list is much more positive.
My 2013 Reasons For Losing Weight
- I’m happier
- Boosts my confidence
- Feel GRRRREEAATT! (about myself)
- Way more energy/more active
- Stay off medications/be healthier
- Want to do a Tough Mudder in 2015
What are your reasons for wanting to lose weight?
- Weight Loss Tip: Focus on What you Will Gain (yourdailybite.wordpress.com)