Celebrating Weight Loss Without The Calories
I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer last night. We ended up eating out and decided to make a night of it and celebrate my weight loss.
The good news is that I stayed in control and ate healthy. I only used 12 Weight Watchers points, leaving me with a enough points for wine. The even better news is after the evening’s festivities I started thinking about food-free celebrations.
Most celebrations and get-togethers involve food and alcohol. As I continue my march towards my goal weight, I’m going to hit more milestones, and some not necessarily related to how much I weigh. Food and alcohol are probably not the smartest ways to celebrate getting healthy.
As part of my weekly goals, I’m rewarding myself with little things if I’m successful, like an e-book or streaming a movie via Netflix. My makeover was a great way to celebrate dropping 25% of my body weight. But what happens when I hit other milestones?
So I started writing down rewards for major successes on my weight loss journey.
Dot’s Food-Free Weight Loss Celebration Ideas
- Every 5 lbs. lost – New workout music
- Finish 5x 5K races this year – New walking shoes
- Successfully complete 90-day food tracking challenge – Buy new Fit Book
- Every 25 lbs. lost – Buy new clothes
- Lose 100 lbs. – Full day at a spa
- Weigh-in at 200 lbs. – Start training for Tough Mudder
- Run in a 5K – Spa manicure & pedicure
- Reach Goal Weight – Go on a trip
How do you celebrate your weight loss?