Curried Egg Salad Recipe
Sometimes I get the hankering for egg salad. Don’t know why, but I do. Here’s an Atkins’ recipe that combines two of my husband’s loves – eggs salad and curry. It’s pretty easy to make and filling. I like serving it over a bed of mixed greens or baby spinach. I’m sure it’s good on bread too for you grain eaters.
Curried Egg Salad
Net Carbs: 4.3
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 9
Makes 4 (3/4-cup servings)
- 1 Dozen large hard-boiled eggs
- ½ C low carb mayonnaise
- ¼ C finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Tsp. salt
- ½ Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and halve the eggs. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Using a fork, mash the yolks. Finley chop the whites.
- Combine egg yolks, mayo, onion, parsley, curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Serve right away over 2 C mixed greens refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Suggestion – Try adding a few slices of avocado to the salad. Yum!