Yesterday I decided to do some low-budget pampering. I’ve lost weight, but other than buying new clothes (required!) I really haven’t focused on my appearance. I’d just put my hair up in a pony tail and head out the door. I’m still on my sabbatical from work so I don’t feel the need to dress up just because I’m leaving the house. And if I’m being honest, I really did the bare minimum for work.
Well now it seems that I’m having a change of heart. I feel great about myself and all the work I’ve done the last year. But I’m starting to get a little miffed at myself for being too low maintenance when it comes to how I look.
I think I never really bothered with it before because I worried about how an outfit looked on my frame. Did it fit was more important than does it flatter my figure. Perhaps I’m now feeling great about myself and I just want it to project it on the outside.
I started with a quick little inventory.
- Shoes – 2 pairs of flip-flops and a pair of Nikes. How sad.
- Make-up: 3 lipsticks, blue eye shadow, no blush.
- Hair: A ton of gray that needed to go.
- Nails: All of my acrylic nails had popped off except for my right thumb nail. Wow, stay classy Dot!
- Skin: Dry as hell.
- Jewelry: Have a ton…so why not wear some?
- Purses: 1
So yesterday I took care of those nasty grey hairs, gave myself a damn fine manicure, lotioned up, and made do with the little make up I own.
My new philosophy: Make everyday a day of beauty!